Many MSA products integrate a combination of electronics, mechanical systems and advanced materials to protect users against hazardous or life-threatening situations. The company’s comprehensive product line is used by workers around the world in a broad range of markets, including the oil, gas and petrochemical industry, the fire service, the construction industry, mining and the military. MSA’s core products include self-contained breathing apparatus, fixed gas and flame detection systems, portable gas detection instruments, industrial head protection products, fire and rescue helmets, and fall protection devices.
Opportunities & Challenges
- MSA has 19 affiliates around the world that were all using different ERP systems and in some cases no ERP at all
- HQ wanted to streamline the business processes for all affiliates but still maintaining the individual affiliates competitive advantages in each region
- HQ wanted to get a reflection on all sales activities of each region to better plan and inform their shareholders
- Innovative solutions that meet each countries government regulation but still keeping the business process so each country can communicate with each other and collaborate
- Coloration between affiliates spread across the globe helped them be more competitive in their markets and help increase their overall customer service and bottom line
- MSA continues to innovate with Avaniko with custom applications, tablet solutions and much much more
The biggest learning for Avaniko team in this project is how to begin with the end-in-mind. How each country rollout needs to be thought through but still conforming to the over all vision of the executives in Pittsburgh.