Many MSA products integrate a combination of electronics, mechanical systems and advanced materials to protect users against hazardous or life-threatening situations. The company’s comprehensive product line is used by workers around the world in a broad range of markets, including the oil, gas and petrochemical industry, the fire service, the construction industry, mining and the military. MSA’s core products include self-contained breathing apparatus, fixed gas and flame detection systems, portable gas detection instruments, industrial head protection products, fire and rescue helmets, and fall protection devices.
Opportunities & Challenges
- MSA has 19 affiliates around the world that were all using different ERP systems and in some cases no ERP at all
- HQ wanted to streamline the business processes for all affiliates but still maintaining the individual affiliates competitive advantages in each region
- HQ wanted to get a reflection on all sales activities of each region to better plan and inform their shareholders
- Innovative solutions that meet each countries government regulation but still keeping the business process so each country can communicate with each other and collaborate
- Coloration between affiliates spread across the globe helped them be more competitive in their markets and help increase their overall customer service and bottom line
- MSA continues to innovate with Avaniko with custom applications, tablet solutions and much more
The biggest learning for Avaniko team in this project is how to begin with the end-in-mind. How each country rollout needs to be thought through but still conforming to the overall vision of the executives in Pittsburgh.